Tonight, after walking in the brisk night air and doing a little shopping.
I stopped by my favorite gourmet market and picked up fresh eggs, cream and milk.
The perfect night for homemade eggnog!
- 5 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/4 cups Johnnie Walker Black
- 1/4 cup spiced rum, I used Cuban Rum
- 1 tsp high quality vanilla
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg plus more for garnish
2. Add cream, milk, whiskey and rum and stir to combine.
3. Stir in nutmeg and vanilla and chill well.
4. Whisk egg whites and remaining 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form
5. Fold most of the stiffened whites to the cream and top with rest, sprinkle with nutmeg