Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Persian Twist to the Blueberry Muffin


Today the snowstorm began with a crack of thunder, a perfect day to bake. I looked in my cabinet to see what I had, and borrowed baking powder from my neighbor. Luckily, yesterday the market had a special on pints of blueberries! I am bored with cinnamon and vanilla, so here is my take on a classic....

A Persian Twist to the Blueberry Muffin
  • 1/2 cup butter at room temp
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon rosewater
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon fresh ground cardamon 
  • almond slivers

Heat oven to 350
Grease and flour 12 cup muffin pan
In bowl, mix butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat.
Add eggs one at a time, beating after each
Beat in rosewater, cardamon, baking powder and salt
fold in half of flour, then half of milk into batter; repeat.
Fold in blueberries
Spoon into the muffin pan, sprinkle with almond slivers and bake for 20-30 min.



1 comment:

  1. Wow, that looks wonderful. I mean, really wonderful and perfect in every 'muffiny' way!

    ReplyDelete