Saturday, May 8, 2010

Spanish Baked Eggs













The morning came with rain and dark clouds. So much for landscape painting on the West Side. I decided to start the day with my version of Spanish Baked Eggs. Not unlike most mornings, I open the fridge and see what is at my disposal. Having stocked up earlier in the week at Huber's Farm, I had everything I needed.
Ingredients
1 onion sliced
2 tomatos, peeled seeded and chopped
1 pepper, green or red (i like red ) sliced
salt and pepper
1 clove crushed garlic
touch of red pepper paste
1 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 tsp Spanish paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 cup water
4 eggs
(garnish with cilantro or flat leaf parsley)
Saute onion, till soft and little brown, then add sliced peppers and tomatoes and garlic. Continue to saute. Add salt and pepper, paprika and cumin. Pour in a little water and add the paste and stir. When peppers are tender and you have a nice sauce cooking, take a spoon and open an area in the sauce and gently drop your egg. After you drop all four eggs. Cover your pan, till eggs are ready. About 4 min. Depending on how you like your eggs. I like mine medium.
Take a ladle and spoon your eggs and sauce onto a plate, serve with toasted baguette.
A perfect rainy, Saturday morning breakfast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment