Saturday, April 10, 2010

Union Square Greenmarket


















The Farmer's Market was bustling today, people buying tall peach tree blossom branches and bright red tulips. We met up with painter, Dean Dalfonzo for a quick chat, soaking up the sun.
Thinking about making a stew for dinner , I bought fresh root vegetables. Eric wandered back with Goat Milk/Black Raspberry icecream and homemade stinky cheese and fresh from the farm eggs.
I  ended up buying Bison tenderloins from Elk Trails Ranch after the owner talked me out of beef for my stew, and micro greens from Hudson Valley Organics. My journey home led me to Holyland Market where I picked up Israeli pickles and classic tahini .


















So I will call this recipe:
Saturday Afternoon Egg Salad

6 farm fresh eggs, hard boiled, peeled and chopped
1 chopped Israeli pickle
3 tbsp. yummy tahini 
dash of tumeric, fold together and serve on micro greens
top with dollop of Middle Eastern hot pepper paste

No comments:

Post a Comment